My website for course MAE207 (Computational methods).
UCI, Spring 2006.
Last updated Nov 27,2006 by
Other support material
Class project documents
Few pages scanned from book on FEM about pressure smoothing.
Book is ‘The FEM’ by Thomas Hughes. [PDF]
Solve the torsion problem for rectangular cross section
using FEM and compare numerical method to the known analytical solution.
Abbasi (from MAE 207 spring 2006 class)
1. Nov 27,2006. Report on FEM solution for 2D Poisson
2. Sept 7,2006. Report on Weighted Residual methods and
FEM with examples for solving 1st and 2nd order
ODE’s. Matlab and Mathematica code. [HTML]
3. Solving u’’’’+u=1 by collocation method using Mathematica [PDF]
4. Short report on the FEM solution
to torsion problem of a
rectanglular cross section HTML
5. Comparing analytical solution with the FEM solution. [HTML]
6. A note on Gaussian Quadrature.
One dimension only. 2D will be added later. HTML
7. These are notes on building the BEM FORTRAN code for solving the 2D lap
lace equation. [HTML]
Culver (from MAE 207 spring 2006 class)
1) Review of FEM document by Roy Culver. Updated May 25,2006. [PDF]
2) Fortran code for the FEM problem with needed data files. May 25,2006. [ZIP]
Nylander (from MAE 207 spring 2006 class)
New files send on Nov 27,2006.
This is the ZIP send that contains all the material MAE207.ZIP
These below are the notebooks individualy
each converted to PDF
1. “solve Poisson equation using FEM on
arbitrary unstructured meshes” [Project.nb, Project.pdf ]
Notes on Analytical solution. [Analytical_Solution.nb,
Notes on FVM [FVM.nb
4, FEM notes. Triangle and quad
Earlier files send by Paul:
1. May 9,2006 [ Animation.nb
] [ Project.pdf
2. May 16,2006. [HoneyComb.nb ,
HoneyComb.pdf , HTML ]
a) Matlab code for FEM solution by Qing Wang. May 24,2006. [ MATLAB source file, HTML]
- Wei Gao
(from MAE 207 Fall 2006 class)
Notes on Torsion problem for cross section. Send to class mailing list on
Nov 27,2006. [PDF]
- http://care.eng.uci.edu/index.htm Professor
Atluri CARE web site at UCI
- http://ocw.mit.edu/NR/rdonlyres/Aeronautics-and-Astronautics/16-20Structural-MechanicsFall2002/088DEC8D-4ACB-4E3E-9911-F3BB5EB6AF89/0/unit10.pdf This PDF
file contains solution to TORSION problem in axial beam generating POISSON
- http://opensees.berkeley.edu/ web site
for OPENSEES FEM program
- http://opensees.berkeley.edu/OpenSees/manuals/usermanual/index.html is user
manual for opensees from UC Berkeley web site
- http://www.bem.uni-stuttgart.de/home.htm good
notes on BEM method.
- http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Aeronautics-and-Astronautics/16-901Spring-2005/CourseHome/index.htm MIT open
course for computational methods.
- http://ohio.ikp.liu.se/fe/appl.html List of
- http://www.colorado.edu/engineering/CAS/courses.d/IFEM.d/Home.html on-line
course material on FEM
- http://www.ann.jussieu.fr/free.htm links to free numerical software