These are collection of links to degrees in computational physics, computational science,
computational engineering, Scientiﬁc computing, computational science engineering (CSE),
Applied and Computational Mathematics.
The diﬀerences in degrees content is not large since number of these ﬁelds are interdisciplinary.
The term CSE (computational science and engineering) is becoming the most common term used
to describe these studies in the USA.
- HTML Numerical Mathematics for Scientiﬁc Software, NYU, Columbia. "principal
goal of our group is to train researchers focusing on development of algorithms
for numerical problems in engineering, medicine, business, and the arts, and their
implementation in scientiﬁc software. "
- HTML New graduate program at UC Berkeley in Computational Science and
HTML George Mason Univ. has graduate computational science program within the
Physics dept now
older site (before merging with the physics dept) HTML
univ. California. Mathematical and Computational Science program at Stanford
oﬀers programs leading to a B.S. degree, an honors option, and a minor. MCS is a
Stanford also has ICME (Institute for Computational and Mathematical Engineering)
has its own M.S. and Ph.D. programs. interdisciplinary programs.
HTML State univ. of NY, Brockport, has undergraduate in computational science, and
graduate program as well.
The College at Brockport
350 New Campus Drive
Brockport, NY 14420
Part-time - per credit
Part-time - per credit
HTML Univ. of Utah has MS degree in Computational Engineering and Science
Univ. of Utah has also the HTML Scientiﬁc Computing and Imaging Institute. Accepts
graduate students. interdisciplinary program. They also have a Computational Bio-imaging
Univ. of Utah also has M.S. and Ph.D. in Computing, Graphics Track in the school of
http://www.caam.rice.edu/ CAAM (computational and applied mathematics). MS and
Department of Computational and Applied Mathematics
6100 Main MS-134 Houston, TX 77005 713.348.4805
see also HTML Rice univ. graduate program in computational and applied mathematics.
Same as above.
- The University of Southern Mississippi has graduate program in computational
HTML Syracuse University has MS computational science
and also certiﬁcates in computational science
900 South Crouse Ave
Syracuse, NY 13244
Phone: (315) 443-1870
HTML Purdue Univ. Indiana, has graduate program in computational science and
Purdue also has Center for Computational & Applied Mathematics (CCAM), in the Math
dept. Seems to accept graduate students.
- HTML Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the Courant Institute of
Mathematical Sciences, New York University has MS in scientiﬁc computing
HTML HTML University of Michigan, College of Engineering, Lab for Scientiﬁc
Computation, LaSC, has PhD in Scientiﬁc Computing
Lab for Scientific Computation
University of Michigan, College of Engineering
1919 Cooley Building
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2104
Phone (734) 936-3130
- HTML University of Michigan also has a Phd program in Scientiﬁc Computing The
doctoral program in scientiﬁc computing was established by the University of Michigan in
Computational Science and Engineering University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
(UIUC) has graduate program in Computational Science and Engineering.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
2270 DCL, MC-278, 1304 W. Springfield Ave.
Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Scientiﬁc Computing Group UIUC also has Scientiﬁc Computing Group in the dept of
computer science. Graduate level.
HTML HTML Penn State university has a graduate minor in Computational
Also Penn State has http://ccma.math.psu.edu/, the Center for Computational
Mathematics and Applications. Not sure if they oﬀer direct study programs. Penn state
univ., University Park, PA 16802
- HTML University of Texas At Austin has MS in Computational and Applied Mathematics
Dept. of Applied Mathematics
HTML I think the above program is now replaced by this:
The university of Texas at Austin, Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences
(ICES), has a Computational Science, Engineering, and Mathematics (CSEM) graduate
program. Formerly Computational and Applied Mathematics. An interdisciplinary
- HTML San Diego State/Claremont Graduate University: PhD degree in computational
HTML University of Minnesota has graduate program in scientiﬁc computation
Director of Graduate Studies
293 Amundson Hall
421 Washington Ave SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
- HTML UC Davis has graduate program in CSE
- HTML Michigan Technological university, MI, Has PhD in Computational Science and
- HTML HTML Indiana University Bloomington has minor in Scientiﬁc Computing
- HTML HTML Florida state univ. has graduate Degrees In APPLIED AND
COMPUTATIONAL MATHEMATICS and also a program in the Department of Scientiﬁc
- HTML Princeton has a graduate program in Applied and Computational Mathematics
(PCAM). There is also Princeton Institute for Computational Science and Engineering
(PICSciE) but I am not sure it oﬀers direct programs. It seems only for research.
- HTML RPI has graduate program in CSE
HTML Univ. Of California, San Diego has new graduate program called CSME
(computational science mathematics and engineering.
UCSD has also HTML the center for Computational Mathematics (CCoM).
- HTML Caltech Computing + Mathematical Sciences Department oﬀers an interdisciplinary
program of graduate study in Applied and Computational Mathematics leading to a PhD
- HTML Clark Univ. Computational Science program
- HTML Colorado state univ. Master of Science Degree in Mathematics with Specialization
in Applied and Computational Mathematics
- HTML Cornell Univ. Program in Computational Science and Engineering
- HTML Duke Univ Computational Science, Engineering and Medicine program
- HTML Georgia Institute of Technology, Computational Science and Engineering Division
- HTML Georgia state Univ. Dept of Mathematics has MS degree with concentrations in
- HTML Louisiana State University, Center for Computation and Technology. Graduate level
- HTML Louisiana Tech University, PhD program in Computational Analysis and Modeling
- HTML Loyola university has an MS in Scientiﬁc and Technical Computing
- HTML MIT has MS degree program in in Computation for Design and Optimization in the
center of computational engineering.
- HTML Mississippi State University has graduate studies in Computational Engineering and
high performance computing
- HTML College of Engineering at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State
University has graduate program in Computational Science and Engineering
- HTML Center for Research in Scientiﬁc Computation (CRSC) at North Carolina state
univ. has graduate studies program.
- HTML Northwestern univ. has a graduate Engineering and applied mathematics program
(ESAM) which seems to be computational based.
- HTML Ralph Regular School of Computational Science at the Ohio Supercomputer Center
has an undergraduate program in computational science.
- HTML Ohio university has Master of Science in Mathematics - Computational
- HTML Old Dominion University has a graduate program in modeling and simulation and
has certiﬁcate program in computational science HTML
- HTML Southern Methodist University Center for Scientiﬁc Computation has graduate
- HTML Stony brook university, NY, has graduate program in COMPUTATIONAL
APPLIED MATHEMATICS in the applied Math dept.
- HTML Texas A&M Institute for Scientiﬁc Computation. Interesting courses, FEM and
numerical do not know what degrees they oﬀer.
- HTML UCLA Computational & Applied Mathematics, in the Math dept. Has graduate
- HTML Univ. Of California, Santa Barbra (UCSB) has CSE program for MS and PhD.
- HTML Univ of Chicago, dept of computer science, has a Computational Mathematics track
of the Ph.D. program in Computer Science.
- HTML The University of Arizona, Computational Science and Numerical Analysis
program, in the Applied Math dept.
- HTML University of Delaware. Graduate Program in Mathematical Computation, within
the computer science dept. MS/PhD level.
- HTML Also at University of Delaware, in the Math dept, a Numerical Analysis
and Scientiﬁc Computing program. Courses seem really interesting. Graduate
- HTML The Computational Sciences Initiative at the University of Houston (CSIUH)
interdisciplinary graduate certiﬁcate program.
- HTML University of Illinois at Chicago, Applied Mathematics and Computational Science
(AMCS). Seems to be an MS program in the Math dept.
- HTML University of Iowa. Applied Mathematical and Computational Sciences program
(AMCS) is an interdisciplinary Ph.D. program in the Graduate College.
- HTML University of Kentucky, dept of Math, has an Applied and Computational
Mathematics graduate level program.
- HTML University of Maryland. College Park. Applied Mathematics and Scientiﬁc
Computation (AMSC) Graduate Program They also have a Scientiﬁc Computation
Graduate Certiﬁcate Program.
- HTML University of Maryland also has Center for Scientiﬁc Computation and
Mathematical Modeling (CSCAMM). See the above AMSC program.
- HTML Univ. of Massachusetts, darthmouth, has Mathematics Major with Computational
- HTML Univ. of Massachusetts, Lowell. Show a PhD program in Computational
- HTML University of Michigan-Dearborn has Master of Science Degree in Applied and
Computational Mathematics in the department of Mathematics and Statistics.
- HTML University of Minnesota Duluth, has Master of Science in Applied and
Computational Mathematics in the dept of Mathematics and statistics.
- HTML The University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Has Interdisciplinary Graduate Minor in
Computational Science (IGMCS)
- HTML University of Tennessee at Knoxville, Joint Institute for Computational Sciences has
graduate program in Applied and Computational Mathematics through the math
- HTML University of Washington, Seattle, College of Arts and Sciences, The Applied and
Computational Mathematical Sciences (ACMS) program, multidisciplinary Bachelor of
Science degree program in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- HTML Western Michigan University, Math dept has Master of Science in Applied and
- HTML Johns Hopkins University, Whiting School of Engineering, has Applied and
Computational Mathematics at the MSc level.
- HTML Chapman University, ORANGE, CA. oﬀers MS and PhD in Computational
- HTML Central Washington Univ. WA. Has Computational Science Masters Program.
Oﬀered by the Computer Science Department.
- HTML Boston University, The Boston University Center for Computational Science (CCS).
CCS oﬀers a Certiﬁcate in Computational Science to graduate students in engineering and
science pursuing a Ph.D.
- HTML VirginiaTech, College of Engineering, Blacksburg, VA. Graduate Certiﬁcate in
Computational Engineering Science and Mechanics (CESM). Admission requirements will
be the same as those for the MS degree in Engineering Mechanics"
- HTML Texas A&M University, Mathematics dept.College Station, Texas 77843. Masters
degree: Computational Math Track
- HTML SFU (Simon Fraser University) Applied and Computational Mathematics Master of
Science Program Located in Canada on British Columbia’s west coast. Department of
Mathematics. They seem to have an MS and PhD program (very hard to navigate web